DEN (Democratic Education in Nature)
15 months, from the 1st of April 2022 to the 30th of June 2023.
The project has the four following aims:
- To promote the professionalization of organizations and schools already practicing this pedagogical approach,
- To create an exchange of competencies of European school/organizations interested in improving their competences,
- To promote Democratic Education in Nature in traditional schools and organizations not familiar with these concepts yet,
- To foster change in education policy development
DEN project mission is to systematize and disseminate a new developing educational and pedagogical approach that bridges Education in Nature with Democratic Education, we call it Democratic Education in Nature- DEN) in order to promote children’s inner motivation and talents, active citizenship and environmental stewardship.
Public Schools, Democratic Schools, Forest Schools and Schools in Nature, educational organizations that work with and for youth, teachers, youth workers.
The project is divided into three main activities:
- RESEARCH: an innovative study to investigate features, benefits and implications of Democratic Education in Nature in European schools. Scientific research will be done using questionnaires, literature review and focus groups to gather information about the application, needs and benefits of Democratic Education in the three partner countries. A Research Report will be published.
- WORKSHOP: four free online seminars to spread the knowledge about Democratic Education in Nature;
- GUIDELINES: written recommendation to how to apply Democratic Education in Nature to help schools using this approach, activating a process of democratization and inclusion of nature in education.
The Partnership is implemented in three European Countries by:
-two democratic schools in nature, Playa Escuela from Tenerife and Albero della Tuscia from Italy;
-and one European Education Network: Quest from Belgium.
This project is under the KA2 COOPERATION PARTNERSHIP PROJECT n° 2021-2-BE02-KA210-SCH-000051555 call.
“This project is funded with the support of the European Commission. This publication reflects only the personal views of its author and the Commission cannot be held responsible for the use of the information contained therein.”