Job offer: Video maker
Job Category: Communication
Job Experience: 1-3 years
Job Location: QUEST – Brussels Office (also by remote)
QUEST stands for Quality Education in Europe for Sustainable Social Transformation. We are a European network based in Brussels that connects pioneer organisations in order to promote change in education. Since 2017, we strive to promote research, policies and practices that support transformative education.
About the job
QUEST is currently recruiting a video- maker and editor for a full time short term contract of two months. The position oversees helping with releasing video capsules, by producing and editing footage. The ideal candidate should be able to work proactively, anticipate needs, provide information in a timely manner and solve issues autonomously.
- Produce small video capsules and improve the already made ones
- Tweeks on our video documentary files
- Conducting and filming interviews or filming footage yourself to key educational actors
- Creating tutorials to help our other grassroot schools and organisations make video capsules with barely any equipment. (Lo-fi)
- Ability to use iMovie
- Proficiency in the whole Adobe suite, especially Photoshop, InDesign, illustrator and premiere or final cut.
- Understanding basic sound recording, how to create the best conditions to get good recording during interviews in all kinds of situations, and optimising sound during the production phase.
- Being comfortable working with low grade equipment such as handphones.
- As this is an NGO where things are done with minimal resources, it is key to be comfortable and inventive to manage to make the best out of not optimal situations and not pro-equipment.
- Being skilled at fast but relevant editing.
- Excelling at keeping good systematic backup and organisation of files on the drive and on backup drives. (Not only your own recordings but also collecting and organising files collected by others)
- Optimising file sizes and formats
- Willing to teach the other staff members about video tips and skills, in order to work in a team, and allow other team members to shoot footage during travels or external visits.
- Administrative skill in ensuring proper consent forms are signed and delivered before taking interviews.
- Skilled in including logos and designs in the video capsules.
- Ability to work under time pressure
What we offer
- Starting date: as soon as possible (November 2023)
- A CDD of 2 months (November and December) full time position (38 hours) based in Brussel.
- A competitive monthly salary based on salary scale for our sector (329)
- Telework preferred, except for the times in which we need to work in a team in the office, or when displacement is needed for interviews.
- A friendly, dynamic, and multi-cultural team and international working environment where you will be able to develop your skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a CV in English, including examples of videos created by email to [email protected] as soon as possible and no later than the 5th November.
Applications will be assessed upon receipt; we therefore encourage early submission.
Should you be interested please do not wait till the last day, as we may have already filled the position.
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted. Applications not meeting the requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CV and personal data of non-selected candidates are not shared with anyone outside the organisation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.