BUSTA (BUilding Skills through Training therapy Animals)
24 months, from the 28th of February 2022 until the 27th of February 2024.
The project has the following aims:
- Empower teachers to promote students’ talents through innovative pedagogy.
- Empower teachers to promote students’ active real-world participation and inclusivenessthrough awareness building and psycho-affective connection.
- Empower students’ capacity to develop curiosity, work with challenges andco-design creative solutions.
- Empower students’ capacity to use digital toolsand content to exchange practices with partner schools.
In order to adapt educational processes to the challenges of the 21st century, schools need to rely on innovative and practical methods, involving students in challenging activities and combining new educational needs with existing educational curricula aimed at creating active, inclusive and responsible citizens. In order to put this approach forward, transversal skills need to be fostered in the school ecosystem to allow a more transdisciplinary, learner-centered and challenge-based approach. Therefore, teachers and school personnel need to reinforce the development of key competences. With the BUSTA project students will have the opportunity to have real life impact that goes beyond the boundaries of the school, on the lives of persons with disabilities: they will develop research and cooperative actions to integrate service animal training.
- Teachers and school personnel
- Animal therapy providers
- Persons with disabilities
The project will develop three core elements:
- A documentary video reflecting upon the research process conducted by students: awareness activities to understand the content and purpose of each animal training as well as to understand the different types of disabilities supported by each therapy; and actions to identify the training needs of each partner as well as transfer knowledge and experience.
- Impact & Reproductivity Report: assessment of the development of skills and analysis of the drivers and barriers to the up-scaling of this process
- Guidelines on how to integrate skill-building in schools through animal training, targeted to: schools, animal therapy associations and organisations for persons with disabilities
- Lithuanian Sea Museum (coordinator) (Lithuania)
- Klaipedos Marijos Montessori mokykla-darzelis (Lithuania)
- Community for Democratic Education (Bulgaria)
- Paint and Quarter Horse Foundation (Bulgaria)
- Quality Education in Europe for Sustainable Social Transformation (QUEST) (Belgium)
- European Association of Service Providers for Persons with Disabilities (Belgium)
This project is under the KA2 COOPERATION PARTNERSHIP PROJECT n° 2021-1-LT01-KA220-SCH-000034363 call.
“This project is funded with the support of the European Commission. This publication reflects only the personal views of its author and the Commission cannot be held responsible for the use of the information contained therein.”
Mia Schmallenbach, Project Manager (QUEST): email@example.com
QUEST attends the movie challenge screening at CDE school in Sofia
Following the 2 days of BUSTA meetings, the QUEST team, with it’s 4 European Solidarity Corps volunteers, had the opportunity […]
BUSTA Transnational Project Meeting in Sofia
All partners from Belgium, Bulgaria, and Lithuania have gathered in Sofia the 3rd and 4th of May for 3rd and […]
BUSTA partners are preparing Midterm TPM in Sofia, advancing on BUSTA documentary (PR 1), and the Impact Report (PR 2)
Our Midterm TPM will be held in Sofia on the 3rd and 4th of May 2023. We look forward to […]
QUEST visits Dyadis center and films an interview for the BUSTA documentary
QUEST Student Vega filmed the entire interview and visit, in order for it to be incorporated into the BUSTA documentary, […]
Learning Teaching Training Activity 2 in Klaipeda Video is now published on the QUEST website!
Klaipedos Maria Montessori school – kindergarden and the Lithuanian Sea Museum host the second Learning Teaching Training activity for the […]
BUSTA project in progress!
Now that most partners have completed their student activities, and that 2 learning exchange trips have successfully taken place, BUSTA’s […]
QUEST and BUSTA students and partners screen each a 2 min preview video of their therapy animal training activities at the 2022 Klaipeda Festival about disability awareness.
The Festival “I’m indifferent and you?” organised by Lithuanian Sea Museum in Klaipėda University was held on the 2nd of December […]
BUSTA’s second Learning Teaching and Training trip: Klaipeda, Lithuania
QUEST travelled with 6 students from Belgium to Klaipeda, and met up with 8 students from Community for Democratic Education […]
BOS is getting ready for Learning Exchange trip 2 to Klaipeda!
Posted on 22/11/2022 Dear all, BOS is very happy to announce that we now have a total of 6 students traveling […]
All partners working together on BUSTA impact report
Posted on 22/11/2022 Dear all, BOS is working together hand in hand with all other partners on the impact report, led […]
BOS is welcoming new members, in the framework of BUSTA!
Posted on 22/10/2022 Dear all, BOS is very happy to announce that it will be welcoming new members within its organisation! […]
Learning Exchange trip to Sofia, in video!
Posted on 12/10/2022 Dear all, BOS is delighted to share with you the experiences during the first Learning Exchange trip to […]
BOS is preparing for BUSTA’s first Learning and Exchange trip, in Sofia, within the framework of the BUSTA project
Posted on 22/09/2022 Dear all, BOS is preparing to fly off to Sofia in Bulgaria for the very first Learning trip […]
Exploring resources from Dyadis and beyond, within the framework of the BUSTA project
Posted on 10/09/2022 Dear all, In this post we would like to share a wonderful chance encounter that brought together 2 […]
BUSTA’s first newsletter!
Posted on 01/09/2022 Download our first newsletter put together by our partner EASPD, European Association of Service Providers for Persons with […]
Visiting a Dyadis dressage session, within the framework of the BUSTA project
Posted on 22/08/2022 Dear all, Dyadis is an associate partner of the BUSTA project and we were able to witness one […]
Brussels Outdoor School student is hosting at her home Aika, a therapy dog in training, within the framework of the BUSTA project
Posted on 05/07/2022 Dear all, BOS is closing for the summer holidays but BUSTA activities are continuing! After several visits to […]
Brussels Outdoor School is welcoming Aika, a therapy dog in training, within the framework of the BUSTA project
Posted on 30/06/2022 Dear all, BUSTA activities have started! Each school of the three BUSTA countries will experience a series of […]
Brussels Outdoor School is hosting the BUSTA kickoff meetings!
Brussels Outdoor School is hosting the BUSTA kickoff meetings!